With nearly $4 M under my belt as a philanthropy and fundraising manager, I’d like to share with you what has worked for me and our teams over the years.
7 Tricks of the Trade
- Consult. Being part of a team is critical to success as all parties bring knowledge and experience to the table.
- Research the topic. Facts and figures from valid sources are a crucial element of a grant application.
- Plan. Design your approach to the grant application process with key stakeholders and an agreed schedule.
- Mitigate risk. Everything we do has an element of risk – recognise the risks and plan for their mitigation.
- Think outside the square. Being innovative and creative is often the key to success.
- Build trusting relationships. Gather together relevant internal and external stakeholders and forge trust and integrity in your team.
- Focus on the goal. Build your strategic case on achieving beneficial outcomes for consumers/clients and for the organisation.
This list is far from complete, but it gives you some idea of how to manage an application, using systems and processes to most effectively put forward your strongest case. Time is not always on your side, so always optimise your time management to invest in grant writing.
See how colleagues view working with Di Carter @ http://www.dynamicconsultant.com.au/testimonials/